Thursday, February 10, 2011

Senator Olympia Snowe Is In Trouble

In 2010, Maine elected Republican Tea-Partier Paul LePage as their new Governor. Now, the Tea Party appears to be set on knocking off moderate-Republican Senator Olympia Snowe in Maine. Her poll numbers are weak, and the Tea Partiers think they can win. Snowe, seeking a fourth term, trails the 2006 Gubernatorial GOP nominee. The successes of 2010 will make the Tea Party crowd think they can win a general election too.

They can't win a general, but I'm glad they think so. First off, I think Snowe is done if anyone serious runs against her. I don't feel bad for her the way I do for Lugar though. What has she brought to the Senate in recent years? She negotiated down the Stimulus Bill, knocking down it's ability to work too. She teased bi-partisanship on Health Care Reform, but went the other way in the end. I think she'll lose a real primary, and I think that is good. Democrats need to take this race serious, and find a good, strong candidate. In a Presidential year, any candidate worth their salt will not lose to a Tea Party backed nominee.

No comments:

Post a Comment