Monday, February 14, 2011

John Boehner's House Wastes More Money

The Worst House of My Lifetime Continues It's Follies:
Today, in an 11-5 vote, the House defense appropriations committee approved the purchase of a second engine for the F-35 jet fighter, despite the Pentagon explicitly saying that the engine is a big waste of money. In fact, Defense Secretary Robert Gates has called the second engine “costly and unnecessary,” and has repeatedly recommended that President Obama veto the 2011 defense spending bill if it ultimately contains the funding. U.S. Air Force Secretary Michael Donley has referred to the engine as “another rock” on top of the F-35 program.
Ah yes, once again, damn the Pentagon, they can't cut useless pieces of junk that the GOP House likes. I guess this makes Boehner's past words a joke:
I don’t think any agency of the federal government should be exempt from rooting out wasteful spending or unnecessary spending. And I, frankly, I would agree with it at the Pentagon. There’s got to be wasteful spending there, unnecessary spending there. It all ought to be eliminated.

Ah yes, no program- except for ones he supports. Just more of the "do as I say, not as I do" from this party. Lowering the deficit? Only if it means starving poor kids, or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment